We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious Mediterranean specialty, sardine escabeche on its confit of vegetables should delight your taste buds.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 pepper red
- 12 onions new
- 1 courgette
- 1 eggplant
- 2 fundsartichokes (in jar)
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 tsp. coffee sugar
- 3 twigs of thyme
- Salt pepper
- 12 small sardines, gutted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 20 cl of olive oil
- 5 cl of sherry vinegar
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 2 pinches of Espelette pepper
Sardine steak on its confit of vegetables
For the vegetable confit:
- Peel and cut the pepper into strips.
- Peel, cut the stems, wash and cut the new onions in half.
- Wash, cut the ends, remove the seeds and cut the zucchini and eggplant into pieces.
- In a pan, heat the oil and butter, place the above vegetables and the artichoke. Sprinkle with sugar. Add the thyme. Stir and pour in a little water. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper with a hole in the center, bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Leave to caramelize lightly.
For the sardine escabeche:
- Peel, wash and degerm the garlic.
- Wash and remove the leaves from the parsley.
- In a large pan, heat half the olive oil, place in it and cook the sardines for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove.
- In a sauté pan, heat the rest of the oil and the sherry vinegar.
Add the garlic and herbs. Season and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour this marinade over the sardines.
- Serve the sardines on a bed of candied vegetables, top with the marinade.
How to easily remove the peel from the pepper?
Place the pepper brushed with olive oil in a dish, put it under the grill of the oven until the skin is brown, leave to cool, covered with a clean cloth, then peel.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan